Peanut Butter Banana Fudge Muffins

These right here are a little variation of my banuffins you liked so much.

I'd love to say they were born from a culinary stroke of genius, but that would be a big, chubby fib. The truth be told, I drunkenly finished off the Nutella tub with a teaspoon the night before I'd planned to bake a batch for Sunday brunch.

Hungover, desperate (and a little disgusted with myself), I reached for the Skippy.


The method's exactly the same as before, but since my Banuffin post I've been adding Xanthan Gum to the mix for the benefit of us gluten free'ers.

If you're using normal flour then leave out the gum. If you're using gluten free flour like me, then just a 1/4 teaspoon of the stuff goes a very long way. It reduces crumbling and makes your muffins good 'n' squidgy for a few more days. Win.


You know the drill by now. For 12 muffins, here's what you need:

4 overly ripe bananas, mashed
6 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, I like the Skippy variety
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g fudge pieces (I get mine from here)
2 eggs
120g melted salted butter
225g self raising flour
170g granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt




Whack the oven up to 180C and grease your muffin tray.

Grab two mixing bowls, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet stuff. In one, combine your flour, sugar, salt and Xanthan Gum if you're going gluten free.

In the other bowl, mash your bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in the eggs, melted butter, fudge chunks and vanilla before sifting in the dry ingredients. 

Divide your mixture into twelve and pop a dollop of peanut butter on top.



Gently swirl the peanut butter into the mixture with a cocktail stick or skewer and bake in your pre-warmed oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.


Leave them to cool in the tray for a couple of minutes before easing them out one by one with a spoon. Serve whilst warm with big mugs of coffee and get creating crumbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment